Accounts (Student Cards, Email Addresses, Quercus and More)
- How to get a TCard (student card)
- Info commons (information and support for email, UTORid, Quercus/Portal, etc.)
- School of Graduate Studies sessional dates
- Forms and letters, including registration, enrolment, program status, graduation and appeals forms
- English language and academic writing support
- Exchange opportunities
- Academic advocacy
With over 40 library branches, U of T has no shortage of study spaces. We recommend:
Graduate Computer Labs
Our graduate students can:
- Use the Faculty of Arts & Science’s graduate computer lab, located on the 14th floor of Robarts Library.
- Use the department’s computer room, located in our office on the third floor of Sidney Smith Hall.
University of Toronto Libraries
The U of T library system is the largest academic library in Canada. It consistently ranks among the world’s best academic libraries.
U of T Libraries offer many resources. A good place to start is the history research guide. In addition, there are many specific area studies centres in the libraries, as well as the resources of the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library.
Professional and Skills Development
The Graduate Placement Committee is available to current students and graduates of the MA and PhD programs. The committee, made up of History faculty members, offer advice and assistance in the job search process including interview techniques, resume and dossier preparation, letters of application, and mock job talks. Please contact the associate chair, graduate, for more information.
- Graduate Professional Skills (GPS) program
- Grad Talks — free sessions and workshops on communication, mindfulness, creative arts, community engagement, career development and more
- THE5000H — Teaching in Higher Education — a course which helps U of T doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows improve their teaching practice
- U of T Career Centre
- Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation
Health and Wellness
- Extended dental and health insurance
- Health and wellness resources
- U of T athletics and recreation
- Graduate Students’ Union gymnasium and sports leagues
Social and Community
- Graduate Students’ Union news and events
- Grad Escapes — discounted tickets and other social events
- Gymnasium and sports leagues
- Committees, caucuses and special interest groups